What is the Artist Program?Without artists, there is no art—and Rdio firmly believes artists deserve to be paid for their work. We are dedicated to making streaming music an exciting opportunity for both artists and fans, and are happy to announce the launch of the Rdio Artist Program. This is the first program of its kind in digital music, and provides artists a bold new way to earn money while connecting with fans.
As an artist, you have a unique voice in music, and your fans are eager to follow your lead. By using Rdio, you can share your musical tastes with the world, and with the Rdio Artist Program you can earn additional revenue that complements the existing royalty structure Rdio already has in place with record labels and distributors.
How does the Artist Program work?
- Sign up for the Rdio Artist Program. Artists of any size can sign up. Upon acceptance, each artist receives a complimentary Rdio subscription.
- Customize your Artist Page and enjoy your favorite music. Upload an artist photo to your Rdio artist page, set up your personal user profile and start listening on Rdio.
- Share your music and recommendations with fans online. With Rdio’s integration into Twitter and Facebook, it’s easy to share personalized trackable Rdio links to your favorite songs, albums and playlists with fans. You can also embed trackable Rdio players on any blog or website.
- Track activity and fan sign-ups. View real-time stats on activity you have generated through a Web-based tool.
- Connect with new fans on Rdio. Get paid. With every new Rdio subscriber you refer, you get paid. It’s that simple.
How can I join the Artist Program?If you are interested in joining the Rdio Artist Program please visit rdio.com/artistprogram or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What will I need to sign up?You'll need to provide us with:
- A picture of the artist(s) — for best results, upload a photo with about a 4:1 aspect ratio (width:height), with a resolution of at least 1200x300. We also recommend you choose a photo where the subject of interest is confined to one area, rather than spanning the width of the entire image.
- A list of any additional band members using Rdio
- Your preferred payment method (PayPal or ACH)
- The URL of your personal Rdio profile (http://www.rdio.com/people/username) and the URL of the artist page you want to manage (http://www.rdio.com/artist/artistname)
- For US-based artists, your IRS W-9 information, and for artists outside of the US, your W8-BEN information
Wondering how you can make the most of our Artist Program?
Check out our tips and tricks.
Need further assistance? Just send an email to email@example.com and we'll be in touch ASAP.