Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Rdio email address and artist affiliation details, and we'll be in touch shortly to help you get set up.
Referral LinksIn order to benefit from the Artist Program, the links you share from Rdio must be trackable referral links. For every person who clicks on any of your referral links and signs up for a paid subscription, you will receive $10.00 USD.
Referral links are now created automatically and are as easy to share as any other link on Rdio. And the best part is you can share them instantly to your official Twitter and Facebook directly from Rdio.
Sharing referral links
First, connect To Your Facebook Band Page.
Artist Program participants can now connect their Facebook band page to their Rdio profile and instantly share referral links with any “Share” box on Rdio.
- Once logged in to Rdio, click your artist name under Artist Program on the left side of Rdio.
- Select the Social Media tab.
- Click Connect and log in to Facebook.
Then, to share a referral link...
- Find the album, song, playlist or artist page you want to share from Rdio and click Share.
2. You will be given the option to share as yourself or as your Artist name. To share a referral link, choose to share as your Artist name.
3. Click Post to share the referral link to your band’s Facebook or Twitter page. The referral link will also show up in the top right of the share box if you choose to share on other social outlets.
What if my artist’s name is already in use by another Rdio user?
However, if the desired username belongs to an inactive account (as determined by Rdio), we may, at our discretion, either modify the inactive username or transfer ownership to your artist.
To request a change of ownership of an inactive account username, please send a username request to email@example.com with your Rdio email address and artist affiliation details, and we'll be in touch shortly.
What if a potentially inactive account is using my registered trademark as its Rdio username?
Sending listening activity to Facebook
If you have content on Rdio, and would like its listening activity to appear on your Facebook Page, you'll need to provide your Rdio page's web address (URL) to Facebook. Here's how to find it:
- Go to www.rdio.com in your web browser
- In the search box at the top of the Rdio site, search for the artist's name and hit 'return' on your keyboard
- Click the correct link in the 'Artists' section of the search results page (click on 'More' if you don't see the correct result on the first page)
- Copy and paste the resulting web page's URL, and provide it to Facebook. Here's an example URL for a search for 'Tupac' — http://www.rdio.com/artist/2Pac/
Need more assistance with usernames? Just send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch with you shortly.