I sometimes have this funny bug where the player advances to the next song, it plays (the progress bar is moving) but no audio comes through. I need to hit the back key to begin the song again to hear the audio. What's going on? It's intermittent, so it's super annoying when it happens.
Thanks for writing in. If you haven't tried already, here are some basic solutions that might improve behavior:
1) Try doing a hard reload by hitting CTRL + clicking the whitespace and select Reload.
2) Quit and restart the Mac App, then try using the app again.
3) Try deleting and reinstalling the Mac app.
If the desktop app is still acting up, would you try quitting out of Rdio completely and deleting the prefs file: ~/Library/Preferences/com.rdio.desktop.plist?
Note: This folder is hidden, so you'll have to search for ~/Library/Preferences/ in the finder menu using Go -> Go to Folder.
If you've already tried these solutions, let me know a few more details on what you're seeing:
- How frequently does this occur? Every 2-3 tracks? Every album? Once a day?
- Do you see similar behavior a browser? If you haven't tried yet, it'd help us diagnose the problem if we isolated it to one or the other.
- Can you discern any pattern or rhyme to the issue? Specific times of day? Certain tracks or albums?
Thanks for all your patience,
I have the same problem. It used to be an intermittent problem, but with the latest version of the player on Mountain Lion it happens on every track change. I tried your suggestions but the problem persists. Playing from the website works fine.
Does toggling Play/Pause bring the audio back after it drops between tracks? If so, the issue is known and we have a bug report filed. If audio doesn't come back, please de let me know.